Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A bunch of previews and other stuff.

Well I admit firstly that it is very late and this is going to be pretty dull. HA! Secondly, there are a lot of previews. So in the end you will be left thinking "goodness that was one long advertisement". This may be the case, but so be it. This is the beginning of the not caring about what everyone think about me blog. Or at least that's what all you good friends out there in blogland are trying to convince me should be my attitude. I am trying. I really am. I finally feel like I don't care about the rankings anymore, so that is a huge step. I wish I wasn't but I find myself very competitive and jealous about dumb stuff like that. I wish I wasn't. But reality is reality for now. I pray that God is working that out.

So the lightening the other day fried our stove. So it's been three says with no stove so far. It's weird for sure. And it of course throws my whole menu off!! Did make the chinese chicken salad. Man that is good. Even Clay had bowl after bowl of it. And that says a lot. Made an enormous batch of haystacks to try and avoid all Clay's ice cream eating, or more importantly buying. I swear though there are insane amounts of haystacks. You know haystacks right? Chocolate chips and butterscotch chips melted and mixed with crunchy chow mein noodles and spanish peanuts. My aunt makes them every year in her Christmas cookie medley. And I can tell you they are dangerous! Very very dangerous to have 3 full big ziplocs full of. I am going to write myself out a daily eating plan tomorrow and see if I can have self discipline for just ONE day. I'll post that tomorrow morning (or this morning for most reading) and track my progress. Maybe starting to post weight stuff here will create this false sense of accountability that will help me succeed. I need something. This cannot go on ANY LONGER! I never thought I would weigh this much. I never thought I would feel so old so young. I never thought I would feel like such a failure in the area of my body. It needs to change. It can change. I need to have hope. I hate that I am the Queen of Pity Parties. I hate it. How does one just change that? How do I flip the switch to stop feeling like garbage when I look at things in my life? Answers are more than welcome. And on that track..

How do I just be happy? Or content? Or just choose to be in a better mood. Things with Clay are pretty bad. He doesn't like my attitude any more. I need to change it? Do I just tell myself to change it? If I can't keep myself from eating a cookie how do I keep myself from acting ugly when I am upset? I guess the answer lies back to my 21 day challenge here. There is only one thing, only one person that can fix it. And I don't look to Him when I need Him. Pray I will start.

Now speaking of the 21 day challenge, I did one today. I can't do them everyday so I am doing the quotes as they inspire me. This is today's. Clay gave me, well sorta since he took it back ha!, this red painted metal rose.. and here's the LO. The quote is : The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. Nice. I long to bloom in the midst of this adversity instead of wilt.

One great thing happened today though. My mom is refinancing her house, so I had to have it cleaned top to bottom. It stressed me out beyond belief, Clay and I had a huge fight, and I stayed up super late last night. But I awoke to a gorgeous clean house. This is the beginning! I need to keep it clean. And every single room in the whole house is spotless. That Rocks!

Okay I need to wake Clay and go to bed. But I made a whole slew of fun things. Beware this is a spam fest, but read carefully might be a little something sparkly mixed in.

Will start with the mess of furries. These are all FUN fun fun furry elements!! They should be going in the store tomorrow I think. As always, click the picture and you will get a full page image so you can see them closeup. Look close at the furry stuff cause it's cute :)














Man I LOVE this aqua alpha!! My fave, along with the stars.

Ah ha, did you look through ALL those furries. If so, here's a little something. I made these for a chat a little bit ago. More glitter to add to your collection. I put some closeups so you could see the detail. I find a lot of the glitter hard to tell what it is and am skeptical about downloading it because of it.


Alrighty Here's the Glitter Link:
Glitter Link

Can you believe that these papers have been on my drive for months and I totally forgot about them? I found them the other day and rushed to make elements for them because I loved em so much!!Got 3 more paper packs that need elements I think still to do. Another Warm kit lol. Bet you thought these were over and done with. Got one more.






So... I meant to put my staple in the furry elements zips. I forgot so I am giving it away. Honestly I am picky about some things. One being stitching the other being staples. I finally have 2 staples I like. My chucky one from my dirty kits, and this new one. I love this one. I use it for everything and have a couple friends that are loving it too. So here it is the famed staple lol!


I don't know how to set it up where you just right click the png, so here's a link for it.
Staple Link

I guess I should go to bed. I am tired. Oh forgot! So I have been going to bed pretty late and have been pretty tired so I have started listening to this new Dramatized KJV audio Bible set I bought on ebay. I put the CD player on when I lay down for bed and listen awhile when I am too tired to read. I have been loving it!!

Good night and Good Luck. Oh and PS: I owe a lot of people emails. I know I suck. I will try and answer them today (well tomorrow). Night.

32 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is the furry stuff? Sorry to hear about your stove! Thanks for the staple.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new Warm Kit looks GREAT!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I absolutely LOVE the furry stuff. The detail is amazing! And the Warm kit is nice, too. You are very talented. Remember that!
I hope things start to look up for you. Try to take things one day at a time. I feel like I have definitely been where you are.

P.S. - I might have to try those haystacks. They sounds YUMMY!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim - first off the furry stuff - WOW I love it! Warm #4 has got to be one of the best kits I've seen in a long time. Your elements are perfection! Definitely picking this one up after work!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Craft Tea Lady said...

Kim: You can do the weight loss. Just take it one meal at a time. PERIOD. It's hard work and takes time, but you can do it.

I'm doing it and if I can, you can.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, I'm so sorry you're feeling down about so many things right now. I think maybe blogging about it might help, you know like that writing therapy. It sounds like you're really overwhelmed by so many things you want to change right now. My advice would be to just try not to look at it all at once. When you feel that overwhelmed and like you have that many big mountains ahead of you, it's definitely daunting. Maybe just do what you can, a little each day in as many areas as you can. A clean house can definitely make you feel better, so hopefully you'll be feeling great this morning.

Is that the same staple as in the Mellow freebie from a few weeks ago, b/c I loooove that staple, I use it all the time. The furry embellishments are so fun, I love that people are coming out with so many unique things lately.

Have a great day!

8:11 AM  
Blogger HaleyW said...

Love the furry stuff and those glitter items look WONDERFUL! Love it!!

Hang in there, Kim. I have battled my weight forever -- and I've managed to let 5 pounds creep back on since my DH started traveling so much for his job. Try getting out and walking -- just getting a little bit of exercise always makes me so much happier. I've been trying to get back to walking... need to do that TODAY!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa Ives said...

Good for you! You've made the first step...and that's the hardest! It would be so easy if we could just be who we want immediately, but it doesn't happen that way...it takes time. Good luck! I'm rooting for you!

BTW! Thanks for the staple!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!

I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your blog. You are such a talented designer (I own quite a few of your things! I love those new furry elements, esp that blue alpha! As far as the weight loss goes, I know it's so hard. I had my sons very close together and still had about 50 lbs to lose after my second son was born. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. You can do it! Anyway, thanks for the previews, I'll keep my eye out in for your new stuff at sbb! Have a great day! Oh, and thanks for the glitter and the staple!

Kelly

9:04 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Try not to worry about it all, I know its easier said than done believe me!!! the whole worry thing is what I am focussing on for my 21 day thing.

You know what though? I don't think you need to worry about your rankings!!! You are up there and you have great designs! :D :D

9:17 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

Thank you the wonderful freebies!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That furry stuff is awesome! Thanks for the glitter and staple!

karen (Hom74)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Julie Jewels said...

Well what a nice suprise to come to your blog and find all these goodies! The fur stuff looks just awesome! I really hope I can find a use for them!! Thank you for the glitter and the staple! I'm totally picky about my staples too and yours looks great!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Shawna said...

The furry stuff looks so fun! And thanks for the glittery stuff & the staple Kim! Something new to try!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch for the glitter. Glad to see your still making Warm sets - they are my favorites. The furry stuff is super cool. Just have to figure out where to use them. Definately wish list. :)

Dee-Dee

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the freebies.

This is advise that I would give any of my daughters who was finding life hard to cope with, I don't know much about the 21 day plan that you mention but I would say to my girls, first you have to own the problem and work from within your self to fix it, praying that God can change you is laying your problems off onto God but he can only help if you are willing to change and accept that it's you that has to do the hard yards.
I don't mean this to sound harsh but I read your blog everyday and I worry for you.
Keep working on the things you want to change and things will change, probably very slowly but they can change, if you have a bad day try to go to bed with the thought that tomorrow is a new day and it will be better, always look for the good things that happen each day and try not to let any bad spoil the good.
Getting out and walking everyday is something that someone else mentioned and I think that's a great idea.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv the furry stuff
Maggie

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sinead said...

Thanks for the glitter and the staple--they look great! I'm loving all of the furry stuff and the new Warm kit! :)

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that fuzzy stuff is sooo adorable! kind of makes me want to deck the house in it. lol.

about the weight and other things...be as generous with yourself as you have been with others! you deserve that. :)

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, it is so refreshing and noble of you to share the human drama we normally don't like to share.

Instead of reading yet another blog about perky people and completed projects, I felt I was listening to a neighbor.

Jodi

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! Looking forward to furry stuff. And now I'm craving haystacks.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrible that the lightning fried your stove!! I hope things are back to normal soon!! That would most definitely throw me off! I"m so sorry to hear about your struggles right now. I hope that things get better for you. Sometimes it does help to write things down and know that people are there for you and will listen to you when you need them. I truly enjoy reading your blog and think you are an awesome person!!

The furry fun elements are sooo awesome!! I can't wait to pick some of those up. And from a previous post of yours...the Cherry Blossoms kit - GORGEOUS!! Can't wait for that one too!!

Thanks for the glittery freebie and the staple. You are too sweet.

Have a wonderful evening!!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim--first, thanks for the staple. Looks great. Second, please, please put the cherry blossom kit up for sale soon. Just got some Cherry Blossom Festival pics and this is the first kit worthy of them.
Also, I hope you feel better. I've been where you're at and all I can say is that change only happens when the desire is there. It sounds like you're at that place, so I hope it works out.

6:34 PM  
Blogger wyowoman said...

THANK YOU for the staple - I hate them to look like they are floating - and the shadows are hard to get right - so this will be great!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the glitter goodies! Love the furry stuff- soooooooo fun!!!!!

I'll be praying for you Kim. Don't push yourself too hard and remember top pray about the small things too- not just the big things- God really wants to talk to us. :)

God bless!
Laurie G

7:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Kim, thanks for the little gifts :)

Definately go the walking option... Ive read that going for a walk is a great stress reliever and releases those wonderfully happy endorphins :) and its a start for the weight loss goal as well. Just remember, you are not alone!!! You have so many loyal blog readers who feel for you, understand your pain and frustration and will try to pull you out of this rut you are in.
big *hugs* go out to you!!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice gifts!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Keela said...

HEY! I tried my coupon, it worked and I'm happy. LOL! Then, I come here and see the freebies and freak out. LOVE the furry stuff...already have some on a page I'm working on. ;) The staple...I'm glad you're picky because I am too. This one ROCKS. And the glitter so fun. Hang in there Kim...hugs!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet gifts, Kim!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

That's an awesome Staple Kim, but I love all your stuff!! Love all that fur, it looks so cozy and touchable!!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Kim.
Thanks so much for the glitter and staple (I am constantly looking for the perfect staple, lol). Can't wait to buy your Warm kit - yum!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

You're awesome! thanks for the great freebies & for staying real!! God loves you & accepts you just the way you are and so do I!!

Lisa

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home