Monday, March 27, 2006

Rhonna's Challenge and such

Okay so I have decided to do Rhonna's 21 day challenge at her blog.

What *is* The {21} Challenge?
It's a challenge that is based on 2 ideas:

1. The idea of creating or breaking (conquering) a habit in 21 days. Studies have shown that it takes 21 days to change. So, choose a habit you want to create or conquer in these 21 days.

2. The idea that art is therapy. We take the 'art journal' angle on this to create for 21 days & journal our feelings,triumphs, failures, etc. It makes the 21 days go alot faster doing something we love.

(Quoted from Rhonna's Blog)


Check out the challenge here at RHONNA'S BLOG

I fearfully admit I am in a place where I am doing my best to NOT look inside myself for strength, answers, anything. That is sad really. In many ways I am afraid. I am afraid of what I will find in there these days. I am afraid that I will hate the person I find in there. And as a result, I never do art that is about ME anymore. About the children, about Clay, about designs for others, for money, for fun, but never for ME, or about ME. So I am pushing past the fear and doing Rhonna's challenge.

When I first read about creating a habit, I sat and looked at the things that needed changing. The list was astonishing....
Morning Routine
Evening Routing
ANY routine
Eating healthy
drinking water
Reading my Bible
Devotions with the children
Tomato staking the children (hmm you don't know what that is do you?)
doing school everyday
cleaning the house
my attitude
focusing on making my hubby feel loved
spending time with the children
not yelling
staying off this computer
exercise
and on and on and on and on.

Sigh. So where was I to start? WHY is it that every part of my life seems out of control? What can be done? I have tried 100,957 times to start over. 100,957 times I have gotten all gung ho that life was going to change that day. That that was the morning it was all going to be different. Then one thing fails and it all feels like a failure, I feel like a failure. So what is the answer? What is the one thing that can be changed and have it permeate all the areas needing change? "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me". That is the missing key to it all. I have turned away, I have pushed away God from every area of my life. I am afraid of change. I am afraid I can't do it. And you know what? I can't. But My Jesus can. So it begins.

21 days where I spend time every day gleaning wisdom from His Word. 21 days where I stop and spend time basking in the light of his Glory. 21 days of stopping to listen to His voice. And it will all start to change. So I did my Day 1 Entry.


Click to make larger
Credits: All from my new A Little Something Fab kit. Alpha by Dani Mogstad.

Well it's late as always and I need to go read some, enjoy quiet time with My Jesus and go to bed. Oh well do some dishes, and switch out the laundry loads, then go to bed ha! I am eternally behind. Until tomorrow ya'll.

Good Night and Good Luck.

12 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Bieger said...

I think you chose the very best subject for the challenge. Wonderful verse choice. I think the part that touched me the most was the top left journaling about it beginning today....something about the heart doodles made it seem like you were writing it with joy and excitement to reconnect with Jesus. Which I know you are but something so simple as the heart doodles really conveyed that.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kim, what a beautiful page. It really speaks to me because that's something that I've really been needing to do here lately too. I need to reconnect with Him and I know that I will feel so much better about my life when I do. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Sinead said...

Gorgeous page, Kim. I started it last night, too, and did a much more simple thing, but I love the amount of reflection that you have here!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim you can not possibly know how much stumbling onto this blog entry meant to me this morning. I woke up this morning overwhelmed and frustrated, having those EXACT same feelings. I have not let God have his part in my life, I have not had relationship with HIM. Instead I have tried to just "make myself" do it all, and that really cannot be done. Thank you for such wonderful inspiring words of wisdom.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Melissa Ives said...

Good for you! I'm doing this challenge too. I look forward to being inspired by your journey!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Kim! I'm usually a lurker-lol, but I just had to tell you how much I appreciate your blog post today. We try so hard on our own so often- why do we do that?! I have NOT been focusing on Jesus like I should! Thanks again and your LO is beautiful! TFS!

Laurie G

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lilli in Vancouver said...

This is so beautiful. BTW, your link to 2Ps wasn't working for me :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Minus the designing part, your journal could have been my journal. And what you said about doing school every day.... bingo! You sound like a homeschooler :) I'm right there with ya. God bless you for your openness!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your choice. such a great one. i don't know how old you are - as i am 40ish - but i could be your twin. i hate trying to change because of continually failing. recently tho I have found a newness in Jesus and for the first time in a long time, maybe even ever - I feel like a success.

God bless you on your journey. Can't wait to see your other entries.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ferrill said...

Your page is so beautiful! I also have a hard time "putting first things first", so to speak, even when I know that everything else (the important things anyway) will fall into place if I simply center my life on Christ. Love your choice of habit to create, love your journal entry.

9:51 AM  
Blogger alyssa said...

Your page is beautiful. LOVE the design. Wow. So calm, present, fresh, and inspiring all at the same time. I'm doing the challenge too!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL .. I actually know what tomato staking is and I know it's not small item at all .... looks like nothing when you put it on a to-do list like that but ....

Great to see other homeschoolers out there :-)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home