Thursday, July 21, 2005

The 2 Pager controversy lol

Oh man, I wrote this all out and it crashed on me!! So here goes again.

Well it is no secret to any who know me that I love 2 pager LOs. I love them! I love pouring over scrapmags and looking at all the paper 2 pagers. I think Becky Higgins is a genius. And every time I ask anyone, they LOVE the look of 2 pagers. If we were paper scrappers, we would do them all the time. Yet as digiscrappers we hardly do them. There are a rare few who do, but for the most part the digiscrapping community has just pushed the 2 pagers to the side. I love not having to look for that one perfect picture. I am not the best photographer yet and sometimes I have felt like I couldn't tell a great story without that one pic that makes the LO jump off the screen. I have so many pictures from the same event and hate trying to pick one or two to use. I love being able to tell the whole story in pictures. My Puzzler LO makes me smile. There wasn't a great pictures of him looking like a model, but that LO tells me a story. It has him concentrating and frowning and thinking. It is him. It is who he is to me. And I love being able to tell a story through the years. My Country Children LO has pictures from all over the last 5 years. It is a 12 picture LO. 12 pictures. If I could have squeezed a few more I would've. It tells the story of my littles. Boy do I love them.

So onto my controversy LOL. So lately as I post my LOs in the SBB gallery, I get at least 7 comments. Even my lame ones I hate get at least 4. So, whenever I would post my 2 pagers I would get either none or 1 comment. So I asked in the chat last night why we all thought that was. The general concensus was that it was because I was posting it as one long LO instead of 2 12x12s in the gallery. So I split them up and started to upload. Hmmm.... yet still no comments. Okay now 2, and from someone who was at the chat and said "good luck on the comments" LOL. So why do I think this is? There was a theory that it was about shape. That the eye of the digiscrapper was drawn to the 12x12. Hmmm.... Weird? Sound totally lame? LOL.

Update. Well I guess one of my 2 LOs have accumulated 7 comments. So maybe this is all part of my neurotic paranoia. Aahh welcome to my madness!

Well I hope to someday start a 2 pager scrap and start getting more of us to scrap 2 pagers, to do more day to day events, use up pictures. Here are the 2 pagers to date. There are only a few, but they are dearly loved LOL. Go, do a 2 pager!!! You can do it.









6 Comments:

Blogger Betty Jo said...

Hi Kim,

I'm visiting your blog for the first time via the forum at SBB. Your two-page LOs are super. I've never tried it, but just might have to give it a go very soon.

I opened my blog three days ago. Would love to have you come and visit.

Hugs,

4:33 PM  
Blogger Betty Jo said...

Hmmm . . . the url to my blog didn't show up, only one at Blogger I haven't decided to use yet! Here you go:
http://graphicsbybettyjo.net

4:35 PM  
Blogger TheCatLord said...

when i buy a kit, i usually only use it once, so to me, making two pagers sounds very logical- it's like getting two layouts! i'll have to start doing more!

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I was a paper scrapper, I'm sure I'd do lots of two pagers. With digital (even though I can now see two 8x8s on my screen with my new laptop), I like to match things up exactly, but it's hard, for me, to do that on two separate pages. I know some people have done 8 x 16s before and then split them up, but I'm not that advanced. :)

Once I have my own kidlets, I'm sure I'll do lots as I'll have tons of photos to choose from at any one time. When I'm scrapping now, I usually only have a couple photos of whatever I'm scrapping.

love, me <><

10:03 AM  
Blogger Pam Healy said...

Okay, I haven't been "brave" enough to try a 2-pager! I just focus on one LO at a time, and haven't thought to expand beyond the 8x8 to and 8x16. I'm gonna have to give it a try sometime--yours look great!

9:01 PM  
Blogger DigiscrapMom said...

I still have to learn how to do 2-page LOs. Your works are simply superb and wonderful. As I was looking through your layouts, I find your 2-pagers more appealing than the single page ones. Just don't get me wrong because even with the single pagers, your work is awesome.

Maybe you can give us a tip or 2 on how to start. If you're gonna start a crop about it, I will definitely be there :D

Thanks for sharing your work. I hope you don't mind if I put a link back on your site from mine.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home