Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Artsy Smartsy

Well this is my first "artsy" LO. It was really fun to step out of my box a bit.

Or okay more than a bit. I thought that as I scrapped more and more I would find my "style". That dreaded word. I think that as newbies we all have that conversation. What is my "style"? I find that I look at LOs stuffed with Kathryn Balint and Rhonna;s stuff and LOVE them. They suck me in to look at all the details. Then I look at kimbee's gallery and her graphic Los and just am amazed. Then I look at these artsy LOsand just think they are so creative. Just today I was looking at Amy's LO she was working on and just looked at how simple and beautiful it was. I love all styles. I wish I could just look at a pic and have a "style" that flowed out so easily. But then my reasoning takes over and I know that we should embrace whatever we like, all styles, even rebel against having a strict "style". But it is not my style. I need to know what I like LOL. I am the worst decision maker ever. Ever. I can't even decide how I like to scrap. Do I need to decide? Sounds stupid doesn't it? I loved doing this artsy LO too and learned a lot. I think as scrappers we need to step outside our comfort zone a bit and find the beauty outside of the mundane that can become our "style". Has a word of this made any sense I wonder? Babble babble. The bottom line is I love this LO *chuckle*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow did you ever strike a cord here!! STYLE?? What's that?? lol!
I'm one that has no set style and I've come to terms with that and actually kind of like it! When I 1st started I tried and tried to make paper looking lo's! LOVE those beautiful kits, but it's not destined to be! Try as I might I just can't do it~love the artsy, graphic look too so really I've just developed my own new version of style~kind of a electic mix of whatever floats my boat! lol! Works for me:D GREAT lo btw~you're right to love it!

7:51 AM  
Blogger me said...

i experiment with different styles as well. I'm a believer in, you don't need to have a certain style. Some develop one, others don't. THere is nothing wrong with that, it is part of your personality which is going to shine through in your scrapbooks too! Embrace it! :) BTW, I scanned that article for you and it's all zipped up. If you have a link to your email on here, I'll email it to you, otherwise pm me at sbb (rkrox79) with it and I'll email it to you then.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home