Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Design Revolution

Well, in doing tutorials to learn to scrap you learn how to make elements. Usually easy ones like buckles, brads, etc. Well me and my obsessive nature loved making stuff. I jumped right in, joined a good yahoo group for newbie designers called the element kit gang They have links to tutorials, helpful guidelines, and they walk you through making a kit. Each week they do a certain part - like week one plain papers, etc. - that kind of thing. Of course my obsessiveness did the whole kit in a week or so. It was fun, more fun than I had had in a while. I love to create and just absorbed tutorials like a sponge. I picked kind of interesting colors, but the kit turned out okay for having been my first one. It is called Somewhere Over the Rainbow It can be hard to look back at that given how things change, but I still hope people like and use it.

Well the rainbow kit started everything. There's no stopping it now. I moved on to another kit that has remained in the vault. I have yet to put it in a store or the freebies.
It is the B and B kit. The Blues and Browns kit. I have yet to out it anywhere because part of me wants to sell it, but part of me still looks at it as a newbie kit. In my ignorance I put slight drop shadows on my elements. I know some out there still design with drop shadows, but personally I like to shadow my own elements and really feel that all designers should leave that option to the customers as well. So the kit is just sitting here taking up hard drive space waiting for me to decide it's fate. This kit was very fun for me though because I started to actually know what I was doing - a little - and could enjoy making it a bit more. So if you read this and think you know what the fate of this kit should be, let me know. I am the worst decision maker ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home