Saturday, March 25, 2006

Recap no matter how boring

Okay so the birthday recap commences though I warn you we didn't do anything exciting ha! So mom made me a favorite dinner of mine from growing up. It is this chicken fried round steak but the breading is made from crushed Ritz crackers. I can't tell you how delicious it is. Buttery Ritz, mixed with the general yumminess of fried foods in general? Hmmm... It's like talking about Oreo cookie crust for my cheesecake (can you go wrong with Oreos mixed with Butter??). Anyways so we had mashed potatoes and some of the best broiled asparagus I may have ever had. It was sooo good and sweet. So that rocked. Though my mom made brownies while I was gone for a baby shower and left me the mess.. so no avoiding cleaning the kitchen like I had hoped. So then Clay takes me to a heavenly place downtown... the Dessert Diner. Nothing like a diner devoted wholeheartedly to cakes, pies, cheesecakes, torts, and coffee (had my first half cup of coffee in 7 years!!!) We ordered a piece of peach pie, cherry pie, and yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Now it was a tough sell for me to get Clay to get that cake. A lame piece of yellow cake with buttercream frosting? But I knew better. I had had it before. Most people have not had REAL yellow cake. Or REAL buttercream made with simple syrup instead of sugar. And he ate the whole piece of peach pie before he even cared enough to eat cake. And even then we said he was too full to hardly eat any. Keep in mind this piece of cake is THE biggest cake you have ever seen hands down. Ginormous as Cassie would say. So what is the logical outcome here? Of course he takes a bite, is blown away and eates the whole thing. Eating at the Diner was nice. Clay liked it a lot. Their was a couple next to us for a while and she got up and decided it was time to go but he still had half a piece of cake and coffee left. She said... We are going NOW. The poor dejected look on his face as he looked at his cake back at her, back at his cake, then walked out. I feel bad but Clay and I cracked up after they left. But it is a little sad to me to see this man looking like a 5yo because of his bossy wife. I hope to spend the rest of my life trying not to rob my hubby of his manhood. It is sad to see that happen. Then they were replaced by a Grandpa, the Daddy and the Grandson. It was so cute. Even my hardhearted Clay was touched by how sweet they were sitting on the barstools eating cake. Oh yeah we sat at the bar and ate out desserts. It was fun. So pretty much all the car riding was spent talking about serious stuff that we had been needing to talk about... doing the budget, lack of any type of communication lately, the fact that Clay had been lead to believe he was getting vacation pay for the week we went to TX and now they say he doesn't get any unless he's been there a year. Ummm.. his whole check was like $200!! Umm.. that breaks our back. Thank the Lord up above for the money in paypal from everyone's generous kit buying. Need to get these new ones out while it is still March so some of the money from them goes in the next payday. So I eased his fears that everything was screwed up totally. And we talked about other things unmentionable :) At the Diner he gave me a card I so expected to be the sappy one he gives me every year, which I like, but it was a totally goofy one that he said he spent a long time picking out.. so trying to just enjoy it as if it were the sappy one. Went to Walmart after to get this stuff for a baby shower gift my mom wanted me to stay up AFTER I got home and make.. thank the Lord again that Walmart was closed. Though... in CA Walmarts are NOT 24 hours??? I had never heard of such a thing. Anyways. Was glad I didn't have to stay up. My download of Ash's new CD had failed while I was gone. Of course got sucked into some web looking while I restarted it. Was like 70 hits down from passing Gina on the blog list for what would probably have been the only time ever lol! But never did pass her I don't think. hehe. Though I can tell you. I expected a few hundred hits.. but not 600! When I left for the Diner it was over 600.. who knows how high it was when it turned midnight - I returned home after it had changed. That was kind of exciting for me since my life is so dull and all. Set Ash's download up again... went to bed. Awoke to see it had failed again. It's at 80% now so we'll see what happens.

Don't forget the Inside the Designers Studio Chat tonight with Josie and Sal from Iron Orchid Designs. Yunno I do this chat twice a month and meet all sorts of designers. It is a GREAT gig I tell ya! But I am really excited to chat with these gals! They are such interesting and driven people. I think their chat will be very different than the rest.

Ahh Ash's CD download finished. Here are some of my favorite things from it..


CLICK to make the image larger :):) Uhh you know that right??

Okay need to clean up and eat some of that FAB chicken fried steak. Thanks all for making my birthday really fun this year. Many years we do nothing and I decided that this year I was going to make my own fate. I might not have gone on a trip around the world but I got over 150 Happy Birthdays yesterday and I can honestly say that was a first. Til later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Ives said...

Sounds like an eventful birthday...I love my mom's homecooking for my birthday too! That dessert sounds heavenly! Yum!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, awesome! sounds like you had a much deserved, wonderful birthday! everything sounds truly scrumptious: beef smothered in ritz goodness, those pies, and the buttercream cake. it would have taken a forklift to get me home. :)

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That food sounds awesome! You do know I love food right? ;)
I thought it was cool how you highlighted what you liked on the cd :) Thanks for that!
I hope you have a great weekend!
Come leave me a comment sometime..... ;)

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home