Thursday, March 16, 2006

Texas Part Three

Blogger wouldn't let this post go through last night so hopefully it goes through now.

Well hope to not lose this post. Oops let me open a notepad for backup. So Hmmm.. wonder if I should recap some of the things from last night if I can remember them. Firstly, umm no one comments about those Numa Numa Hearthrobs? You think I am joking that I have watched it many times. I assure you I am not. They just crack me up in a serious way. Might link my fave stupid videos now and then for fun. I have one the children just love love love. Maybe this weekend.

Anyways the wedding was today. Clay's sister got married. My sweet never ever cry cowboy cried. It was very sweet. But... I was amazed at how mother's and daughters can treat each other. I know I have issues with my mom and being women I am sure that most of us do. But long story short, SIL was rude in that she spent the whole day mentioning how she just wanted to get out of here asap after the wedding. Here her parents were bending over backwards making this whole thing happen for her (it was at their house, all done by us, etc.) and all she puts out there is how she just wants to get out of their house. And MIL doesn't take a moment to come in and gush all over her daughter on her wedding day instead is very critical, dress is wrinkling at bottom, sit different, etc. In the end on what should be a day filled with love, they both ended up not feeling cared for by the other. It really makes me sad. I mean to the point of tears as I write this. The wedding was nice though. There were only maybe 20 guests. They had this really neat African love song that everyone walked in to. My sweet Frankie was the ring bearer and Cassie the cutest flower girl ever. They didn't want a lot of pictures *gasp* so I didn't get to take a lot of fab ones of the ceremony to do an album but hopefully between the three of us with nice cameras we got enough for me to do something with. They did this kinda weird speech about marraige being a community of 2 and that by choosing to live in this community that chooses to solve their problems without arguing (um.. no arguing ever? Well let's go a few years) anyways without arguing they are doing their part in changing the world. Well my version is a little nicer, theirs was kinda weird. But it fit their personalities so I liked the speech. Made the wedding really seem like their wedding should be. Won't go into the boring details of the like 30 minute reception before she literally ran past us all throwing birdseed and sped away in the car. Was definitely weird vibes all around though that's for sure. But I did like the wedding itself and I really hope that they are going to be really happy. They seem like a really good fit. Umm. had good Mexican food for dinner.

Oh, and SIL made this cake with a homemade german chocolate frosting that rocked my world. It is so good I can hardly stand it. I will post it when I get back. I could sit and eat a bowl of it it is so rockin.

Do I want to talk about the HOF losing? No not quite yet, maybe later on down the line here. Wow the blog freebies are just goin crazy now aren't they? Well... I am not sure I am loving the influx but whatever. Especially since I had this big freebie for my birthday next week and now feel like I am just on the bandwagon and all that stupid crapolia. My birthday is next week YAY!!! What date you ask? Not telling. Wonder if anyone already knows? There are ways to find out. Anyways, not gonna get anything for my birthday probably. Might have to do some sort of something or another for it storewise, but no talking about that til later.

Trying to remember what I was talking about last night when it all got lost. Oh man Feeling Inspired aka CD the FAB scrapper made HM for HOF!!! Isn't that just great? I love her. I just think she has such a kind spirit I am truly happy for her. And honestly while I strive in my life to be a good person I am truly deep down very competitive and God is dealing with problems I have with jealousy rearing it's ugly head. I have a hard time letting myself be deep down happy for people without a twinge of jealousy. But I can honestly deep down say I really feel happy for her without reservation. She is such a kind and thoughtful and CREATIVE person. She is such a talented scrapper I feel she will become the digi world's new "it" girl and I can say I knew her when.

Well on that note, the HOF. No calls for me. Honestly I really don't care for my entry very much anymore and debate even showing a few of them I dislike them so much. To be truthful I won't be posting a few of them. So it's not a huge loss that I didn't get called but it always feels bad for anyone I think to lose. Just does plain and simple. But I have said repeatedly that in the month following finishing my HOF entry I have grown by leaps and bounds. I am going through some scrapping growing pains but it is a good thing. I will do things differently next year. I mean I was doing the layouts until the last second. A few were very forced as I had a lot of other deadlines at the same time. That is no way to do it. I already have a layout I wish I hadn't posted in my gallery so it would stay hidden until next year HA! Can you imagine? But there are times when inspiration hits you and you are left with a layout you couldn't love an ounce more. I think I am going to start temporarily putting those away over the course of the year ( this is like one every few months here people) and returning to them to see how they sit with me as time goes on. And I am going to start working on it they day it is all announced. I loved how in the Pub some gals had worked on 3 layouts for some of the assignments and tweaked each one and chose the best one. I mean I want to feel that kind of freedom in it all. I don't want any pressure to have to finish by a certain time. I mean my inspiration one I had to do at the last minute and I really don't think it might have even really fit that well. Did I ever mention that I never checked my confirmation number to see if my package even got there? Silly huh? Anyways, I want my HOF layouts to be done when creativity strikes not because I am almost out of time and need to do 3 layouts in one night. I can't wait to see who the digi HOFers are. Isn't that going to be totally exciting? Who is it? who is it? Enough talk of the HOF, it's over I lost and on with life.

Did watch the Duggars family show Wednesday. Didn't care for it nearly as much as the other two shows they have done on this large family. The other ones are more informative, showing more details of how they go about their daily lives, organizational stuff, etc. Basically stuff I find interesting and might find helpful in my daily life. They do do the MOTH system - Managers of Their Homes, which is neat to see with such a huge family. But the one on Wednesday was much more of a "wow look at how different it is to have such a large family blah blah" But I like watching them nonetheless. Might post a picture of their big family here when I am done.

Quick yet large thanks to all my buddies who A, commented telling me I was a 5 ( or should I make that a slammin 10) in their books and B, all who went and posted a 5 ratings for me so I didn't have to look at the 4 anymore lol. I am glad Carrie is taking the rating thing off. Yunno Carrie Stephens, there is another one of those gals who is SO sweet I just love her to death. Carrie dear, if you read this buzz me and say hello one of these nights. I wonder who is posting the 4s though because if you look there are a number of 4 ratings now. Makes ya wonder since none of YOU are posting 4s.If I find out who you are I am stringing you up by your toes and tickling you till you pee yourself then taking pictures so we all can scrapbook pages about how lame you are. Is kind of fun to be able to go to one place and quickly see how many hits people get.

I think I will be moving over to typepad soon. I am kind of afraid since I (again with the As and Bs) A, suck BAD at making blog banners and B, dread having to relearn how to tweak another blog template. But I want all the great things typepad has to offer. I just get the cheap one right?

Oh Meredith put the individual kits from the His and Hers CDs in the store so now if you just want to get a few you can :)

Wow well a lot of ramblings and once again feel like I talked about nothing. Maybe that is the point. Leeandra made a great comment the other day that was something along the lines of "if you think your life it boring, your blog will be boring, but if you look at that same life as exciting, your blog will seem exciting" Man LA you are a WISE woman. I have a friend named Serene. There are many things I love about her, but one of them is that no matter what is going on in her life at that moment, if you call her and ask how she is doing she says something along the lines of a booming "Amazing!!" Keep in mind this woman is my age, 29 ( well I am almost 29) has 4 children of her own 10 and under and just adopted 3 more from Liberia ages 12 and under I think. She lives in a smallish country home they built themselves with 2 bedrooms and they love a very modest life. Yet no matter how stressful it gets, she is doing Amazing! She is so happy to just be alive and loving the Lord and striving to serve Him in all she does. She is truly and always will be one of my major inspirations. Everything you mention to her she takes in with such pleasure like it is the most important and interesting thing ever. She truly makes you feel so loved. That is how I want to live my life. Maybe the ramblings here will get more interesting and fun and exciting and Amazing! over the next few months as I strive to get better with my Jesus. A number of you posted that you wanted me to post some of the scriptures that touch my life in this difficult time I am going through. Well off to the next paragraph to talk about that some. I mean I have made like 123,399 paragraphs already, what is another one?

So here they are "A virtuous woman [is] a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed [is] as rottenness in his bones. (KJV) An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who shames {him} is like rottenness in his bones. (NASB)"

Now I use a KJV but these are copied and pasted from someone who posted them on a message board last night and they really hit home. So we had to sleep on these air mattresses here in TX. You may or may not know that my sweet hubby has a degenerative back disease. Anyways. So within a day his back is so bad that he has slept almost all day everyday this whole trip. I have been so annoyed with having to take care of the children the whole time I have nagged him and just generally treated him badly. So when I read these verses I was just punched in the gut by a wonderful God who showed me that I was making it all worse, both physically and otherwise. So I woke him up and gave him some Ibuprofen, and went to bed. All day he was still bad and sleeping but the Lord gave me the grace to treat him better today. I worked with his parents and we got him a bed to sleep in, and I feel things are looking up. I love my husband, I do not want to be a rottenness in his bones, I want to lift him up and treat him like the person I love, adore and admire. So many times physical problems can be tied to things other that physical causes. I am beginning to think that when his back hurts my treating him badly is making it worse. Like if you have a headache and your husband treats you meanly, the headache gets worse, if he treats you like a queen, it is soothing to the pain. Am I a rottenness in his bones that is causing him even more pain in times like these? I don't want to be. I want to be the one person in this life that he can come to when he is hurting and I will understand and will be there to help him any way I can. What was I thinking? Tomorrow is a new day. God is good.

And with that, Good Night and Good Luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Wow Kim, you are chatty when you go away! :) Sounds like you've been doing a lot of introspective thinking. And you sound positive, I'm glad you are listening to the lessons you are being shown. I hear you about the freebies. I had planned on putting one up this weekend and now I won't. But since you have been planning your birthday freebie for much longer, I don't think anyone will think you are jumping on the bandwagon.

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I don't know you, but I feel like I know you by reading your blog. I agree wholeheartedly about the HOF....I didn't even know it existed until January (I'm a relatively new scrapper) and didn't even enter, but I would feel exactly the same way you do. I bet your entries are great and I look forward to seeing it. It's hard when you work on something for so long and give it to others to be "judged" and then don't get the offer you expect. blah blah blah...sorry to keep going on, but you are so super taleted I just hate for you to be down. LOVE the verses...thank you for sharing. I too need to be more aware of all my DH does and to let him know I appreciate it.

9:56 AM  
Blogger krista said...

RE: blog freebies - it is way out of hand. Every other post at 2 peas is a blog freebie, tired of it. At least your work is top notch. Love it!!

9:01 AM  
Blogger CD said...

Kim, you are so kind and sweet, thank-you so much for all the very kind words lately, I am so very flattered.

I really enjoy reading your blog because you are so real, a wife and a mom and a wonderful person always trying to better yourself.Thank-you for sharing who you are with all of us.

Please don't think that you "lost" in doing HOF, think of the personal growth and the journey inside yourself it allowed you to have. Although it definetly not always easy to remember God really does know what we need and where we need to be, I'm sure that he has really great plans for you.

β€œβ€™For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV) Jeremiah 29:11


take care,
C.D.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home