Thursday, March 23, 2006

Finally a post

OKay okay so I took a few days off from this blog thing. To be honest it had nothing to do with my "issues" it has more to do with my attempt at getting up early. Usually I stay up super super late and push it til the last minute, blogging the last hour or so. But the last few days by 10 oclock I am so tired and then I stay up til 11:30 and feel like I am going to fall over - SO WEIRD for me! So everytime I think of coming to blog for the night I am just way too tired. I guess this is what I wanted, but man it is so bizarre. So the children are getting an hour off from our cleaning so I can blog this. Today I will be posting both some kit previews and some of my HOF entries as well as talking about the whole CT thing oy. I tell you what though, there are a few of my entries I just can't stand and they will never be in the general public ever. What was I thinking???

Okay so let's get the gratuitous spamming of my kit previews over with first. I have mentioned a bit my "identity crisis" of sorts in my designing. I have had some emails thinking that I meant I was wondering if I was going to continue designing or not. I assure that is not what I meant at all. I have no desire to stop designing. I just can't help myself. I couldn't go a month without doing it any more than I could go a month with no scrapping either. THough I am beginning to think that scrapping is harder, way harder than designing. That said, my issues are not such that will stop me from designing at all. My problem is this. I find sometimes that what I like to do designing and what I find myself scrapping with is a little different sometimes. In my designing I was getting more and more grungy. While sometimes with a few of the boy layouts I used these to scrap with, I find myself not drawn as much to it when I scrap. Well that's not necesarily true as I have been loving some of Meredith Fenwick's stuff. But anyways, so onto this new line. I am pretty sure that the next few lines from me will all be a tad different and will be clear to most that I am feeling some things out. It still feels like "me" and the elements are still very me. Onto the line. So there are 5 kits in this one. Each kit has 6 papers and elements. I got some new clipart at a quilt show (will talk about the quilt show later on) and was so inspired to do these floral papers and the rest is history. I am brainstorming doing some boy kits that are similar in style but we'll see. Might just move on to my next idea. So here they are :) :) Just a little something...











While we're all looking at kits, did you all see Jen's new glittery stuff at SBB? SO neato! Mere and I have talked a few different times about glitter and I know Mere was working on some. We are convinced Jen is a mind reader! But they are so cute. You should check them all out, but these are my fave, with the glittery doodles and all that. Very Elsie Flannagin-ey. You can check them out HERE


Okay okay so the CT thing. Enough is enough already. I will be doing this in the next handful of days no matter what. I have gotten some suggestions that I try to go online to comcast and see if I can get my emails through there, might try that. No matter what I will do it. I admit, I have 3 girls I know that are already on the team, so congrats girls, but 5 more spots to fill. Also, I will be keeping a whole bunch of applications since I will be doing a guest spot each month also from those applications. So if you do not get chosen, you still might end up getting to work with the girls on my team anyways! But like I said enough is enough. My main problem now is that amongst the mass emails, was two emails from people who said they couldn't do it any longer and I hope I can find those and not choose them OY!

Ahh birthday day is tomorrow. Here's the deal about that. I will late late late tonight put the link for the birthday kit (which you would think I would name something about me being my bday and all but NO of course I wouldn't think of that). SOoo that link will be up only ONE day only. Midnight PST tomorrow night it is GONE. No emails asking for it, things like that. Because yunno, I am a pushover! And I will be putting the kit in the store the next day and just cannot be giving it out for free after that. But here are the sneaks I was going to put the last few days :):) Of course you probably see what the kit looks like now with these. ha. Oh well.

Man this whole post is all pictures and little substance!

Okay teh HOF. OY OY oy. Disclaimer: I admit I just hardly like these at all now. It is kinda sad since the experience was so good for me. All my layouts since the HOF have been so different. I wouldn't trade doing it for the world. But it's kinda sad that I am not gushing over how much I love these. I wish I could. But here are a few anyways. I encourage everyone to do it this year and I will be starting a support group of some sort to make us all start earlier in the year and have people to give honest CC and really make them great! And CD (miss feeling inspired the FAB scrapper ) yeah I am talking to you, you SO need to give me YOUR eye on my layouts this time around!!! Because you are getting the HOF this coming year gal! Not giving any commentary on these I don't think, just posting em and being done with it.

















AHHHH I just checked and I missed all the Simple Scrapbooks calls. Wow. I had so planned on submitting tons to those calls. *cry* Good luck all who did submit. I would have thought there would be all sorts of posts on peas and SBB encouraging everyone to submit to the SS virtual pages call. Wonder why there weren't? Neat to see more and more mags wanting digi pages. I just got a new calendar and need to wrote good calls on it too. Maybe I will do that now real quick. Man, I missed all the SS calls. Lame! I guess to be published often you need to be organized. I'm not. Okay. Nothing exciting to talk about today. Pray my flu sick children will get better. Nothing like dealing with a 4 yo and 2 yo with the flu and ME being sick on top of it. ICK.

That said, today will be a great day. I need to start speaking life with my words and oftentimes I feel I leave here and feel down. Hmm something for me to think about.

Good "day" and Good Luck.

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, glad you're not planning to stop designing! Happy Birthday tomorrow. The kits look great - I love all the blues, pinks, and purples.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, Kim, I love, love, LOVE every single kit in your new line! If that's what happens when you have an identity crisis, have them more often!!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIM! OMG! I love, love, love all of those kits!! All I can say about the CT call is "pick me, pick meeee". LOL! ;) Can't wait to see who all actually makes it onto the team, though! :)

As for the HOF layouts...I really like them...they are all great. I have to say, my fave is the one "Why Do I..." I think I'm sooo going to scraplift that one. Awesome, girl!!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - so much to comment on this post! Love the 'little something' line - all extraordinary creations WTG girl! Also loved the "why do I" LO and the first one with the 'works of god' and architecture stamps. Love the 'tude' one too. Happy birthday Kim too. Will have to check in to see the whole kit preview tomorrow - all the sneak peaks look great (but I'm a bad guesser :( )
Good luck with the CT thing - I didn't apply but now I'm wishing I had!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new designs are gorgeous. As for the HOF entries. I think they are all awesome - my favorites are the first one, the why do I and the eye sorry. Really they are all gorgeous (and I will be scraplifting several in the future....). I for one would be interested in the HOF "community" with REAL CC. I don't feel I get CC anywhere and I'm not sure how I can get better, other than take a class I imagine. I will check back to see what you come up with.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Kim, I love the new kits and the LO's are great! My two faves are the first one and the Why do I? Love it!

I am so excited that you are continuing to look at a CT team! I can't wait to hear you've chose! (subliminal message insert here---pick me) I hope it all works out for you!

On that note, Happy Happy Birthday! I hope your day is GREAT!!! Thanks for the link for a day too! What a gift!!!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love, love, love the new kits! very pretty and bright, yet distinctively you! fab!

and about your hof entries...those are wonderful pages!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Sinead said...

Oh boy, lots to say here! I hope that I remember everything! lol

Ok, first of all--the new lines are gorgeous! I want them NOW! lol If that's an identity crisis, maybe you should have one more often! ;)

HOF layouts--I don't see what you're talking about because they're beautiful! I love the journaling on that last letter to your kiddos--how perfect! I posted my rejected HOF layouts on my blog (http://slaphappyandscrappy.blogspot.com) today, too, and I still like most of them, but I know how you feel about some of them not looking like "you" anymore. If you do the HOF support group next year, I SO want to be a part of it. The lack of feedback for those things was so hard!

CT call--I hope that you pick me (PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!), but I totally understand if you don't. I feel certain that you were swamped by awesome applicants, and I just look forward to seeing what the new team puts together for you. :)

I know what you mean about sick kids--mine woke up puking and hasn't kept anything down all day. Poor little munchkin.

Anyway, happy almost birthday! :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had to come back and drool over your new kits again, and now your HOF layouts are showing up for me - they weren't earlier. I think they're just amazing Kim, and you should be so very proud of yourself!

And since eveyrone else is doing it, pick me, pick me!! LOL!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Melissa Ives said...

Glad you're back! Those new kits are GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors...everything!

I really hope you try HOF again...those layouts are beautiful.

I'm also glad you're still doing the CT. From the people who have commented here...looks like you have great talent trying out. Good luck!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

wowowowowow!!! These kits are just gorgeous I love them :)

oooh I hope my email is still there waiting to be read re the CT stuff. I will refrain from posting a "pick me" post (as much as I want to) LOL oops I just did!! hahahha. Good luck with the search, im sure you will pick a fabbo team to match your fabbo kits :)

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the new kits look soo fab! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

-Aggie
(aggietha)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Keela said...

Happy Birthday, Kim!!!! :) Your new stuff is awesome!(But you better do some boy stuff! LOL!) I love your HOF layouts too...man, I'm going to have to lift the "Why do I" one...it's awesome!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Julie Jewels said...

Wow, Kim!! This post is full of amazing stuff!! I'm absolutely loving your new line of stuff!!
Your HOF layouts are all stunning! I've already made note of at least 2 I want to scraplift!
Can't wait to snag that birthday kit! It looks fab too!
Good luck with the CT thing. I'm SO SO wishing I'd applied!!
Hope you and the kiddos get better soon! We're dealing with the same yuck over here! No fun!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim -- Your new line is gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. And your HOF entries are fantastic. I am glad that it was a good experience for you and that you are learning and growing as a scrapper. That is SOOOO important. I am working hard to not care what others think of my pages, to remember why I scrap and what it is that I want to remember and what I want my kids to remember. THAT is what scraping is about! I love how true and raw your feelings on your LO's are. Keep finding "that place" and putting it on your pages.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Janet (ALittleEclectic)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Wow Kim-your kits to come look awesome!!! I love your layouts too-they are so adorable and really amazing!!!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the close up layout with all the words down the side - very creative! And I think you should just put the call out again...sounds much easier than the task you have ahead of you!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

I'm so sorry about your sick kiddo's, I know that is not fun at all! And it's never just one of them, they have to share! I love all your new kits coming out! And I love every single one of your HOF layouts! You should be proud of those! I really love the "Why Do I" one, I think we can all relate to that one!

I hope you have a very Happy Birthday Kim! I can't wait to see the birthday kit in a few hours!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Wow, Kim. The new kits look just awesome, and I totally love your hof layouts. Thankyou for sharing them with us, they're very inspiring! :)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Lunasea said...

Wow, those kits are amazing. Wish I had a little girl - can't wait to see what you do for the boys!! Happy Birthday tomorrow!

I'm bummed I missed your CT call! Oh well, next time!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kits are AWESOME! And seriously, I don't know why you're having a hard time with the CT thing...just pick me already. :)

This is my first time to comment on your blog actually so I didn't want to miss the chance to say how much I enjoy all your layouts and designs. You do some seriously nice work! And I enjoy reading your blog. It's one of my daily reads!

7:38 PM  
Blogger blessedmama said...

i don't now what you're talking about - those layouts are fabulous.
you rock!
i am reading backwards, so i don't know what the CT call is? would i be eligible?
God bless!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful kits! They are just gorgeous!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home