Sunday, March 19, 2006

Okay well I am not in a big blog mood tonight but didn't want to leave everything hanging. So the flight was fine. Frankie Nathan didn't throw up but he was sick and slept most of the time and had a fever. But he made it through. He was feeling icky the first half of the day today and seems well now. Then OF COURSE baby Adric has started throwing up. Greeeat. But at least we are through the airplane ride so that is FAB! I sure hope we don't have to do that for a while.

Today was good. I really made a vow to myself that I was going to start things anew when we returned. Hey, remember the struggle we have had getting us all on an early schedule? Yay for the Texas trip! Being a two hour time difference and all we have returned home all on an early schedule. Hip hip hooray. I was up by 7 AM this morning and anyone that knows me knows that was some sort of crazy miracle. I can't believe how much I got done today. At around 5 oclock I asked what time it was and was shocked that it was only 5. It felt like almost 9. Got all the laundry from the trip done. Dealt with the truly shocking I tell ya amount of hair Cain has decided to shed all over the house since we have been gone. We HAVE to get that crazy dog shaved this week. I can't tell you the sight I saw with that hair when we got home. Anyways, also got the children's room cleaned and the new shelves Clay brought home from work for the children's clothes. Of course had to clean up baby throw up a few different times as well. Oh and went to the store to pick up stuff for dinner. I mean in theory that's not a lot to get done, but the day after I get home from a trip that is amazing for me. I have GOT to keep on this early schedule. Now of course that means that I won't be putting kits out as fast as I usually do. Oh well, so be it.

There was this thread about sales at two peas and some things mentioned had me thinking. The main one being that this cottage industry we have going has got to get itself figured out before the big companies come in and push out those who can't survive. I don't know that I have the drive to make it. I mean I love what I do, but less and less I feel the competitve drive I feel that I need to truly be able to survive in the long term. I don't mean it as a look down on me kind of thing like these kind of ramblings tend to be from me *lol*. Not a low self esteem thing, just a feeling. Less and less I feel this need to be plugged in and pushing for it. In the end, maybe I just need to learn more about what I should be doing. Maybe that is it really. Not that I don't have the right stuff or the drive but I just need to learn and observe what others are doing that generates buzz. Aside from great quality of course. What an amazing gift some of the designers that have marketing backgrounds have! I hope that as the big companies start entering the digiworld there are a lot of designers that are able to keep their staying power. At least I know that I will never stop digiscrapping, designer or not. How awesome. To think it has been one year since I heard of digital scrapbooking. I feel SO BLESSED to have found this. Whether I continue to design or not in the LONG term, I will always have scrapping. I never ever would have been able to scrap without it. Never. And what a gift it has given me. It has changed my life really. It saved me. I found digital scrapping at a time in my life when I thought ALL would be lost. When I thought I would die if I had to get up and face another day. When just to breathe was too much work.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my sweet husband entering into rehab. Today is a year from when he got on a plane for CA and left me alone with my children so he could fly off to try and save himself, and save me, and save our whole life. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of me getting the wonderful, strong, capable, smart man I love so much back. I suppose I will put one of my HOF entries on here. This was the life changing event layout. I must say this is one of the layouts I really hate now. It was when I was working through my inking, collagy style layouts on the journey called the HOF.

Click to make larger.
I SO want to rant here, but I am only going to say this. Doctors should NOT be allowed to prescribe opiate based pain killers to anyone but terminal patients. They are pharmaceutical heroin with NO limit to it's addictive power. It is the fastest growing addictive drug out there and is ruining people's lives, from teenagers to SAHMs, to great hard working husbands, to the neighbor next door. Heroin of ALL forms, including the one they hand out in pharmacies calling plain old painkillers, is evil. Evil.

I will post my other HOF layouts tomorrow. The names are announced tomorrow! The HOF winners I mean. I can't wait.

Well I need to go to bed and try and keep the early bug! Here is a sneak peek of my birthday kit I will give out here before I put it at ACOT.


Good night and Good Luck.

12 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

Wow Kim-I just rejoice with you in all the Lord has done in your house in the past year. It doesn't sound like it was an easy road, but one that haa great reward!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa Ives said...

I totally agree with you about the pain killers...I've seen it ruin so many lives. Congrats to your DH and family for celebrating a one year anniversary!

6:07 AM  
Blogger CD said...

Kim!
your new picture is just beautiful! your layout is awseome ( not sure why you hate it) I can't believe CK didn't take this one you really put it all out there and that honesty makes this so touching.
the inky collagy feel really fits with your story I think.
your new kit is looking veeery exciting!!!
and I want to say way to go on your early day, it must feel so good, that may not sound like much to get done in a day to some people but I think it's huge! esspecially after a big trip and having sick kids

Welcome home and God Bless

6:40 AM  
Blogger Julie Jewels said...

First of all-LOVE the new avatar! So nice!!
Poor babies! I hope they get better quickly!
It's so nice to get up early and get so much done! Makes you feel so accomplished!

Gonna have to go check on that post at 2Peas, but based on the quality and uniqueness of your designs, I'd say you have staying power!!

Wow! Your addiction layout is amazing. I think the inky stuff really adds to the emotional feel of it!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I've been reading your blog for a month or so and had no idea about your husband. Isn't it great to have an awesome God to get us through the rough times?!
I enjoy reading your blog and I love your work!
Have a blessed day!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new avatar girlie!

Your pages are AWESOME! I always find all of these tidbit...word...little embelishments... brushmarks... you all of these things that make your pages stand out like little masterpieces. :)

Congrats to your DH!!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear your back and all is well (except little sick baby Adric)! love the layout! and congrats to your husband; that is an awesome achievement for him, you, and your family!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Shannon Bieger said...

Ugh, I've been on such a blog burnout. Haven't commented on many blogs hardly at all for days. But I opened up your Addiction LO and I just stared. I had to comment. It was so heartfelt and captivating. I know you hate it but it is a very moving and powerful page.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

The sneak peek looks great!

I also love your Addiction LO! It looks amazing even if you don't like it.

The Lord is amazing and works his miracles through everything in all of our lives. What an amazing road. Congrats on continuing to strive.

Have a great evening.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kim, I hadn't realised how much you and your family have been through. The fact that you are all still standing strong together is testimony to your strength and faith. (((hugs)))

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kim,

Big hugs to you & your family. :)

Dee-Dee

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah96 said...

Love the new kits Kim! They look fantastic. :-)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home