Saturday, March 11, 2006

Ha! Well so here's a sneak peek of the kit I will give out in a couple weeks to celebrate my birthday.

Doesn't give ya much does it?

So update on the tooth. Well the dentist is going to give me a prescription for antibiotics and hopefully it kicks the pain of the infection before we go Monday. I will have to have someone cover my Inside the Designer's Studio chat. it's really weird for me though to have someone else doing it. They'll be great. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes from everyone about my teeth. It was really starting to worry me. It really made me feel great though to see so many people reaching out to me in this. Sometimes you write on these things and begin to wonder if people really are out there listening or caring. All goes back to my low blogging self esteem.

On that note, I am continually amazed by the lives of other bloggers. I mean Gina is constantly going and doing and buying and her life is so fun and exciting. Then there are other blogs I read that have all these thought proviking quotes and introspective tidbits that just leave you thinking how amazing this person must be. Do most of you live that kind of life? I mean I think that's why I always feel like this is such a boring blog. I think I live a pretty boring life. And deep down I assume that most people do, but the more blogs I read the more I see people actually DO things LOL! I mean I just get up, clean, do school, be on the computer (should go to the gym) make bread, etc. and stay up late here with you guys and go to bed to start it all over again. I don't buy clothes since they never fit. I am not into buying things really unless they are digikits, books on homekeeping, or long dresses for Cassie. Aside from that I never buy anything. Though when I think about it, it is the people whose lives are like mine that tend to be the blogs I find I glean so much practical wisdom. Maybe that is what my blog needs to become. The everyday details of the life of a normal boring recluse and the things I learn in my quest as a Mommy, homeschooler and proud homekeeper.

Okay so here are the boring details HA! So today I have to deal with the dentist and prescription stuff. Ick. Enough talk about all that. But I can't believe how much stuff I need to do that I haven't.

Well here's the list. I will do the second part of the list here soon.

Okay Battlestar Gallactica's season finale was on last night.
HOLY COW!! Let me say. If you have not seen this show, and you have an ipod, go get the BG on itunes. This show is just downright AWESOME! I watch so many shows and hands down it is my all time favorite. I honestly think it is my favorite show that has EVER been on. I was just blown away by last night's season finale. I have to wait all the way to OCTOBER to watch it again? AHHHH. How will I get by? I so want to discuss all that happened but am afraid of spoiling it for those who haven't seen it yet. What is everyone's take on spoilers on blogs? Should I or shouldn't I? Well I just needed to get a little BG plug in each week like always. Because did I say that this is the best show on tv?? Maybe I did :)

I am going to be doing some SERIOUS decluttering and remodeling (okay rearranging) of these rooms and try to make them more organized. Maybe I will post some pictures of the before and after. We'll see. that's pretty scary.

Did you guys see CD's stunning blog? This is my favorite looking blog out there right now. Check it out HERE And leave her a comment since it is so gorgeous. And her layouts knock my socks off. Okay. Off to clean the house TTYL.





9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Found your blog through Katie the scrapbook lady's blog. Thanks much for the freebies. I always try to comment if I get a freebie.

I LOVE Battlestar. I am a bit disappointed that I didn't realize it was a 90 minutes finale though. I dvr'd it and didn't realize and missed the last half hour! I will watch what I did record of it later and then look online to search out spoilers for the last half hour. I'm such a bonehead for not checking the time!! I am a big sci-fi geek I watch Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis as well. What will I do on Friday's now??? Well, probably Scrap more, lol.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Sinead said...

Glad you're getting help with the tooth. Hopefully the antibiotics will knock out the problem in no time! Boy, that's a long list--GOOD LUCK!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sinead said...

Just so you know, Kim... I've gotten some GREAT comments on the flowers that you gave away the other day. Thanks so much! :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

First of all, that is REALLY MEAN to have such a tiny kit preview. It looks very pretty from what I can see!
Secondly - I'm glad you are getting meds for the tooth. That should make things a lot better.
Third - I only recently discovered your blog, so I can't comment too much on it's content, but I think that I like reading blogs of "normal" people just as much as "super-powered do-everythings" - maybe because then i feel a little more normal. Sometimes reading about achy teeth and seeing a huge list of chores to do can be reassuring. Not everyone can go on fancy vacations and do so much as others.
OK - this comment is WAY TOO LONG! I'll shut up now.

11:08 PM  
Blogger me said...

kim, i soooo hear ya on this! I feel this way all the time. My life is very similar to yours. BUT just because our lives may seem boring, this does not mean that we are boring! We are just tired, pulled in different directions, constantly doing something for everyone else. It's hard to find enough creative energy to scrap, let alone to write something interesting and witty. Even though i really believe that I am a fun and interesting person, I just cannot get that out in my blogging :) maybe one day I'll get it, but for now I'll keep trudging along, laying out the mundane for all to see! lol

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute preview Kim (if you click it, it WILL get bigger folks!)

I am interested in reading your Blog! It would be no fun if they were ALL written the same, right? Keep up the good blogging! I like how you update so often. Usually I come here and BAM- something new! :)

I hope the antibiotics help!!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think most everybody's life is ordinary, if not a little boring, present company included. for what it's worth, your blog is more self-reflexive, which is interesting. :)

i hope your tooth problem is better and you're ready for your trip to texas.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Julie Jewels said...

Hey Kim-I think my life is much like yours-wake up, take kid to school, come home, play with other kid, clean, laundry, cook. Rinse repeat! LOL How much fun is that to blog about? At least you get to shower us with freebies and incredibly small kit previews! LOL
But with all that, I enjoy your blog immensely!! Perhaps it's the similarity I like?
Keep up the bloggin!!
I'm glad you got antiobiotics for your tooth! I hope they kick in good and fast for ya! Have fun on your trip!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean, Kim, re: blogs. I think it's all abt the attitude, though. If you THINK you have a boring blog, you will. If you THINK your life is pretty great, even if it's boring,' your blog will be great, too, kwim?

I need to learn this lesson.

love, me <><

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home