Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hall of Fame

Just taking a quick 2 minutes amongst the chaos that is the getting ready for our trip to talk about the Hall of Fame. So I entered. I never did check the tracking number so maybe it never got there LOL!!! But chances are it did. I was reading over at Kim Crother's blog and she mentioned that her layouts were so "her". I am kinda sad since I don't think a lot of my layouts are so "me". I mean some are some aren't. I did the HOF more for the act of doing it, the challenge that it presented me, etc. And I can tell you HANDS DOWN that turned out to be an amazing thing for my scrapping. If you look at my layouts before I after I did the HOF you will see a huge huge change. I have done layouts lately that for the first time ever I truly love in a way that they will never be revamped or regretted later on. That has been dare I say a life changing thing for me. Well that sounds kinda dumb but scrapping is such a huge part of my life, one of the things that truly makes me happy and this sense of feeling like what I am doing is actually real and not forced is a big thing for me. But I admit, some of my HOF layouts are not my favorites. Some of the ones I did lately I wish I could have put in my entry but they never would be without having done my entry. and I suppose it's a blessing that I won't be home tomorrow to obsess about not getting that call. and I will be gone all week to miss the HM call, though they might be emails so... Might have to check that at the end of the week or so.

I encourage everyone to try and do the HOF. I really do. It will push you and challenge your scrapping and will change you just to do it. I know there will be some amazing digi scrappers that make it this year and I can't wait to see who it is. Good luck to all and congrats to all who make it. It is well deserved. Won't be a couple weeks and I will be able to post the layouts here and you guys can see the hidden layouts. Until my next break.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you make it, that would be sooooo cool! BUT :), if you don't make it, I am sooooo happy that you challenged yourself and that you feel you came out a better scrapper because of it! That is really special Kim, and is just such an awesome thing for you to have accomplished! Good luck to you, but don't allow yourself to get sick over like I would probably manage to do lol :)

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great advice on the HOF....i love that about reading people's blogs....I wouldn't do it because I am no where nearly as good as a lot of these scrappers, but maybe I will try it next time. Not for the contest, but for me. I feel exactly the way you do about digiscrapping.....almost could copy your sentences and put them on my blog....lol

5:32 AM  
Blogger Sinead said...

I feel the same exact way about HOF. I did it for the challenge to myself and I'm really happy with what I put together, though I look at what I've done since and I see such improvement in my work. :)

Hope you have a safe trip!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Melissa Ives said...

Good luck, Kim, even so! I wish I would've tried it, just for the challenge. Next year. Have fun on your trip...can't wait to see the pages that come from it!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home