Friday, October 07, 2005

Getting published. i don't know that I ever cared before. And part of me says that I shouldn't care, that these are just my family's memories and leaving it at that should be enough. In one way it is enough. I am amazed that from March of this year I went from barely caring about the pictures I took of my family to having these amazing treasures for my family that not only record moments in time, but give them an insight into ME. Into the inner workings of me, my creativity, my heart, my thoughts, ME.

Then there is that part that has been eating up the process. That has gone from never touching PSP let alone PS in March or ever having scrapped a page to being totally addicted, almost to a fault. I love the process. And the feeling when I saw the email from Scrapbook Trends - there are few things lately, getting the invite from SBB to be on the DT, Amy saying "I'd like to invite you to sell in the store", and this. That feeling of adrenaline, your stomach turning, a huge smile and longing to tell someone. Fun. I guess that's what it feels like... fun. Something that is mine, and fun. Who would have thought I could find something like that? I love crocheting and did that lots, but it wasn't fun in the sense that I longed to do it. Okay enough rambling.

So I have been learning about submitting. Right now I am finishing a layout I did to submit for the Becky Higgens sketch call they have each month at CK. And yunno I love this one. I think for the first time I might be let down if it's rejected. but man that's a tough call to get published for so I know chances are good I will. But ABOVE ALL ELSE I am amazed at how the process has helped my scrapping.

I have tweaked this layout all day. I often wondered why it took Amy so long to finish a layout, yet I was amazed at her layouts - beyond stunning. yet here I am having spent just hours and hours and hours on this layout and still I was tweaking it just again. And after all that I am left with a layout that feels so far above some of my other recent layouts.

I was feeling too intimidated to really go for the Hall of Fame until today. I kept saying I was gonna do it, but I knew deep down that I never really would. But after today I sat looking at my new CK and was reading again the guidelines for the HOF and was amazed at how I started to piece together some layouts in my head. And that the first one I had a realization about was the journaling one. The hardest one for me. I think that myself, and anyone who tries to go through the HOF process will come out of it a much better scrapper. I can't wait almost. Now to get some money and buy some great stuff to start using. Anyone want to donate to the Kim HOF fund? LOL Happy scrapping!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home