Thursday, August 11, 2005

Paper, paper and inspiration

So for a while now there are some AMAZING designers that have just been cranking out the paper packs. And as I designed stuff I couldn't believe they had such a passion for papers. I went through a period while I loved the papers I did I just wasn't thrilled with having to do them. I think really it was because I was learning so much in the way of making elements that it was my obsession of choice. Then it hit me..... The paper bug. I started making some papers and more papers and before long I had 50+ papers for a collection. I haven't named it but it is a rustic sort so something like my country home collection or something. Then today I was inspired. I have really been finding myself getting more inspired lately than ever before. I used to come up with an idea, etc and go with it. But it was an idea, not a true inspiration. But I have really been trying to open my mind and let that artistic part of me that has remained locked up since my painting days to come out. Where I see things or hear things that light me up. So today I was inspired for another paper pack. Hmm... should I discuss it before I come out with the paper pack? Well for the sake of talking about my inpiration why not?

So I was watching Oprah and they were doing beautiful placesettings and tables. As I looked at these gorgeous layers it hit me. These tables had layers - a more plain patterned tablecloth, a big patterned table runner, plain gorgeous linen napkins, Gorgeous decorated china, more delicate patterned dessert plates, and on and on. So I am working on a new collection. The placesetting collection. Each paper pack will have a more plain patterned "tablecloth" paper, a bigger patterned "runner" paper, some plain textured linen "napkins", a intricate patterned "china" paper, an even more delicately patterned "dessert plate" paper. And I am gonna do some "charger" papers with patterns around the edges to frame the other papers. And I haven't brainstormed all the element packs since I will finish the paper packs first, but maybe "silverware" where all the paper packs have metal elements, etc. Fun stuff! It feels good to work on something that you love and have passion for.

Kind of feels weird to tell my "secrets" LOL like they are secrets but I thought it might be fun to watch a process from the beginning. I have one pack done and another started so maybe I will post a preview of the first one tomorrow to follow this along.

And as I make more papers I find myself wanting to use them more and layer them more. Here is a LO I made from Kathy Moore at Digiscrapdivas Greet the Day kit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home