Thursday, March 09, 2006

Another Fweebie, CK woes, etc.

Okay my nightly blog post. I will try and do this most nights. Bad news first or good news? Bad. lol. So a ways back I posted about my publication in CK March that ended up online. But still you get your complimentary copy, as well as check. I had forgotten about it pretty much and it arrived today. But.... that long awaited but you knew was coming since it was the bad news portion. What do these crazy UPS guys DO to these packages anyways? My poor envelope with my mag and check, well... this picture says a lot.


So instead of getting to jump around and wave my Primedia check in the air squealing with delight, running to the bank and going to buy some sort of rockin idea book at the LSS, I got to call and leave a message at both UPS and Primedia about starting a UPS claim. You know the UPS investigator comes to your HOUSE to look at the package and everything? Crazy. So that sucked. You know I was 2 feet from the door. The UPS guy knocked and RAN to his truck and drove away. Sleazy. Now I guess I need to go buy a copy of CK to check out that digi article. I can't wait until I get my paypal ATM card so I can order things online that don't take paypal. That IS how it works right?

OKay BOY was today freebie day for blogs. Was it coincidence or did one start then another did it, then another and another? Or was it just the collective consciousness and all? Well I said I had another little something for ya'll and I do. Just a little twill textured stitched flowers set. Cute and fun and springy.



Download these cute flowers HERE - Link #1

If the link expires, here is LInk #2, click only if #1 doesn't work

Thanks everyone for all your kind words about the freebie yesterday. I am not going to require comments or anything for freebies, but it was fun to see who all stops by this humble abode. I do have a few more layouts to add today. There was a thread on the Pub about whether our scrapping styles are consistent. The OP stated that most mags like consistency in style so they know what to expect when they hire people to create for them. It has me thinking about my style. I am really wavering back and forth. I have made a few more simple story type layouts kinda like Gina's cutie patootie layouts. But I don't think that's my style. I am not and will never be super artsy fartsy, and will never do loads of doodles and things like that. But I like looking at things a little differently. I am struggling to find a balance between telling the story, which I want to do, and trying to still be creative. I happened to catch the last half of the chat at scrapgirls with my FAVE scrapper ever Ali Edwards!! Inspiration just dripped from her lips ha! She really is such an inspiration to me. Her layouts use patterned paper and simple graphic designs in a way that just suck me in. And she is not afraid to use pictures that are imperfect, that are blurry and silly and I love that. In a world of digiscrappers that use lots of solo pictures in layouts that always seem to be perfect that is hard for me. I guess I am just going through scrappers midlife crisis or something. Or maybe it's more like a teenager. That is more like it. I am trying to figure out who I am and where I am going in my scrapping "life". So here are a few layouts one of which isn't in a gallery yet. Speaking of galleries, I SO need to clean out my SBB gallery. I haven't been posting my layouts there because 75% of my gallery is nothing but chat announcements. I hate it. I need to do a complete overhaul of my gallery and post all my layouts that are missing from it. My SBB gallery is my first ever and I have always linked to it in all my siggys, etc and now it is just lame. When I get back from TX that's one of my first frivilous projects. OKay here's the layouts of the day.



Papers on this one from Mere and I's CD at SBB. The His one. Stitching from my Dirty Shirt elements and font is Misproject. These two boys of mine. They really do look alike sometimes. And they both can look at you with such a piercing stare.



Another one with papers from the His CD from Meredith and I at SBB. Fonts are Bodoni and Dominican. This one seems so different for me. But the more I look at it the more I realize it is still a simple layout with just a little twist. I think that is where my style is heading and maybe a good way to describe it. Simple layouts with a twist here and there.



When I has done the Why are you so sad layout it didn't start looking like that at all. It started with the horizontal papers and flowers of this layout with the one lower left pic. I had it in my In Progress folder and just couldn't keep from scrapping it. I really loved it in the end. She is still my little sunshine even when she is looking all sad and solemn. Okay might come back and edit this and add some more ramblings in a bit, we'll see. Otherwise, goodnight.

23 Comments:

Blogger Sarah96 said...

Adorable flowers Kim! Thanks again sooo much. :-)

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the flowers. Also, I usually read your blog on bloglines, so I hadn't actually seen your header in a while and it looks just GREAT....reminds me that I need to freshen up mine.

Have a great trip!

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tooo cute! i love the layouts. the one with your husband and son is hilarious. my son has had my frown since the day he was born!

beautiful flowers...thank you. i didn't apply, but i think notifying people of the CT call can definitely wait until after you return from TX. be safe and enjoy yourself. :)

6:19 AM  
Blogger liannallama said...

Wow! 2 freebies in one day! Thanks! And I love your LO's too! Sorry about your package--UPS sucks sometimes, huh?

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the flowers - they are awesome. I just got the HIM CD and am psyched. Also, I've been eyeing the dirty shirt, skirt, suit & one more (the name escapes me right now).....love them. think i need to take a trip to SBB while they are on sale.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gorgeous flowers! Can't wait to use them!

Also...I can't believe the UPS package. I agree with you. Every time I get something delivered, I am sitting in the next room. The UPS guy drops the package, rings the doorbell and is already sitting in his truck when I open the door!! Do these guys have to take physical training to see who can sprint the fastest?!? LOL...

-Melanie (lemonyr)

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the neat flowers...hang in there...and have a good trip.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Lisahoo said...

Hi Kim! Hope your stress is lightened somewhat!! Hope a good trip, dearie!
(And THANKS for those flowers!!)

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch Kim!! Beautiful flowers!! I hope things will become less stressful soon!! Just Keep Smilin :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Shawna said...

That really sucks about your pkg from CK, I think UPS has really gown downhill lately, hopefully they can get a new one sent out to you. And thanks for the beautiful flowers too Kim!

I hope you all have a great trip & just enjoy yourself & get rid of some of that stress! And don't worry about the CT announcement, it can definitely wait til after you get back!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bum ride on the UPS package!!! Let us know what happens....

Love the scowl layout!

Thanks so much for the freebie! As a quilter/embroiderer, I love the detail! Thanks!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, those flowers are so cute. You are too generous!! Sorry about you package, thats sad :(

11:45 AM  
Blogger Sinead said...

Beautiful flowers, Kim! I can't wait to use them but I've got silly work to do before I can play (not so silly--it does pay for my scrap addiction, I mean habit!).

Great layouts, too. The Hmmmm one just grabs me. I might have to do a scraplift. :)

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the flowers, Kim - thanks!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the adorable flowers. Love the detail of the twill. I am so in love with your second layout (the one with the stars). Gorgeous!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim - Thank you for the wonderful twill flowers! I hope that your tooth gets better soon, tooth pain can be miserable. You deserve a string of good days in a row!!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Lunasea said...

Wow - thank you for the flowers, they're great (and not too girly)!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the fab freebie!! Hope your tooth feels better before your trip!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

WOW Kim, what AWESOME layouts!! I totally love all of them. I've been scrapping with the new CD some too, and it's awesome, just had to tell you again!!

Hope you have a great trip, and thanks for the little present!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebies. I used the Mellow kit for a layout I posted at SBB. Have a fun trip!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Rikki said...

Thanks for the flowers, they are wonderful.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the flowers, love them.



Michelle

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Thanks so much for the flowers - found them through Katie's link/reference! :-)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home