Monday, February 27, 2006

Just a few minutes to stop and ramble a bit. SP I am taking control. OKay so trying to take control for the 100,000th time. Or maybe more appropriately put trying to relinquish control to God and in turn gain control over all this garbage in my life. So we have gotten lots done around the house today. I am sorting the children's toys. I am getting rid of at least half. If not more. Everything needs a contained and they will need permission to play with them. Enough of the chaos. Can you believe Gina actually has the children's movies organized? Umm I have to walk over a mountain of dirty laundry in the hallway. Though, I am off to sort that in a minute so maybe I can chip away at it tonight. I have got to get this life of mine in order. SO I will be gone most days. I might sit for a half an hour during the littles' quiet time, but aside from that I need to be spending time with them again all day. When they are not with me their behavior always starts to slip. Clay and I have made some big changes and today was the first day of the rest of our lives. Oh man I need to make my weekly menu! Forgot last night. Later I will post my weekly cleaning list. And my weekly menu. I will start posting that here for fun. I might make up a layout that I can print the new weekly menu on every week. Might go so far as going for a 2 week menu like I used to. Okay enough talk and more action. Um and Gina doll, if you get bored sorting children's movies in alphabetical order, you can come pass down a little of yhour OCD cleaning to me :) :) I am a slob at heart and it NEEDS to change. Now. And I mean NOW. Off to sort laundry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

Kim I can so relate to the messy kids stuff! I sorted my girls' toys awhile back and *thought* I got rid of a lot! But their rooms are totally out of control so I guess I already need to do it again! Does it ever end?? LOL!

Cute layout! I saw that kit on Gina's blog too, and so far I've resisted getting it, but the more layouts I see with it the more I want it!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Shannon Bieger said...

I think we're going through the same thing right now. Right around March, that spring cleaning bug bites hard and you just want to get EVERYTHING cleaned out. Not just organized but reduced, right? All last week I cleaned this place top to bottom and cleaned out all the closests. And even in my scrapping I'm starting to want more SPACE on my LOs. Isn't that weird? That it would transfer to our scrapping? I just made a weekly chore list. I didn't think to scrap it though. Great idea!

Anyway, I hope you get much accomplished and that you feel inspired and encouraged.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it! I found the best thing to do was to declutter. Less stuff in your home means less stuff to clean. Now I try to run through the house and pick stuff up in the morning. I make the kids clean-up before dinner. ;) I do laundry while I'm scrapping. I gotta wait for the computer to "think" anyway-so I go fold out of the dryer and run to put it away. LOL!

I can't wait to see your menu! I have a few recipes on my website. I like to cook and meal plan.

Speaking of which, I gotta get march done and go to the store.

Wishing you the best, Kim!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, if you were closer, I'd love to help you sort. Well really since I'm a control freak, I'd have to lock your in your own bedroom so you couldn't bother me. Then I'd let you out and your place would be shiny and new. :) LOL!

I just cleaned my kid's toys out the other day too! Looks like the Spring cleaning bug has bitten us all!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home