Friday, February 10, 2006

It has come to my attention that there might actually be people out there that not only do not watch this show but have never seen it. Now I must admit that either of those scenarios is beyond my level of understanding. If you happen to be one of those poor souls who has never watched this show something must be done. Hands down I think this is the best show on television. Now I so have eclectic taste. I like Survivor, the West Wing, American Idol, Law and Order, Dancing with the Stars, ER, the OC, and Lost. Oh don;t forget Surface and Invasion. Of all these shows I just love love love Battlestar Gallactica is the only one I start longing to see the next episode the second it's over and pine away all week for Friday to return. It is smart and dark. It digs deeper into the characters than any show I have ever seen. On the surface it seems like a sci fi show and in some regards it is. Technically it is sci fi and when I explain the premise it will seem hokey. But don't be fooled. It is gritty and sometimes downright uncomfortable to watch it is so gritty and dark. For all of you I KNOW will be watching tomorrow since I am ordering you to I will give you the premise. Man makes robots, robots rebel and start a full scale war on humans blowing up their planet (which is not earth though earth exists in the show) A fleet of humans escape and are out in space. Okay seems scifi on the surface. The robots called Cylons come in all forms, some of which are human form. Many infiltrate the fleet and form relationships. The cylons can feel and love and some do. Okay so pretty scifi sounding. But the premise is just that a premise. This show dives deep into what real people would feel and how they would act if everything they knew was destroyed. Hate, alcoholism, etc. etc. I wish I could do this show justice. I wish I could. It's on tomorrow. If you want a new show to get hooked on, this is it. I am longing to watch it just talking about it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MelissaG sent me this link to your blog and...Ohhh.. I can't help myself...I have to comment on this! i LOVE this show! This is without a doubt one of the best shows on the air right now. My hubby was saying just last week that it should win an emmy for best drama. It's just aweseome! Awesome show... forget the sci-fi aspect of it (although it's there too)... it's got fabuluous writing and the casting and the acting is superior... and the drama really captures your attention... okay... I'm done. LOL!

And guess what? Today is Friday! New Battlestar tonight!! Can't wait!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to second your opinion -- this is a FAB show!!! DH and I watch this and the other Friday night Sci-Fi shows every week!!! Love this show!

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... sounds like you really love it ;) never seen it myself - but we don't have it in Australia at the moment. considering the other shows you watch, ou have good taste so i might have to catch battlestar if we get it in the future
-Justine (bellbird)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Shannon Bieger said...

My DH is just as enthusiastic about this show. He tivos it every week. Maybe (MAYBE) I'll sit down and watch an episode with him once...see if it catches me. ; )

9:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah96 said...

Girl! I've never watched this show...BUT I am a huge StarTrek and Xfiles fan. Just don't have time for any new shows these days. :-( I typically like scifi stuff though, so probably might be something I could get into, when school is alllll done. :-)

1:25 AM  
Blogger Keela said...

Oh man, Kim...if we had cable or a dish or something other than public TV, my dh and I would be all over it! I'm actually pretty sad that we don't get to watch it. But, we figure we can always rent or buy the DVDs. LOL! We just have to live w/o cable. :( We are hooked on Smallville though. LOVE that show. ;)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

LOL never saw it!

12:34 AM  
Blogger magna man said...

I must say I disagree entirely, I found this show awful with characters I couldn't care for and a script as convincing as my Prime Minister's last speech.

But hey you like it so that's all that matters.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home