Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Q & A

I took a break from reading blogs for awhile (well took a break for almost all things computer for a while) and popped on to check out what is going on in Miss Amy's life and lo and behold I was tagged to answer some fun Q and As about Christmas.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Oh SO egg nog! I love egg nog, we always have it around the holidays and I keep saying I want to make some myself. Especially after my mom came home from her cruise to Panama with some AMAZING vanilla. Honestly I could just sit and smell it for hours!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Well.. we don't do Santa here at all. But if we did, they would most definitely be WRAPPED. I always hated the idea of having them unwrapped for some reason. Unwrapping is SO part the fun of it all.

3.Colored lights on tree/house or white?...
White white white. Everywhere white. Every line of the house outside in white so it looks like a white light pencil drawing of my house, my tree with TONS of white lights and silver bells. YUMMy.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?...
Uh no though one years at school we made little bags of mistletoe and sold them and we did hang it that year.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Hmm usually the first week of December though I have always wanted to go the day after Thanksgiving to get a tree but hubby never wants to. He'll come around :)

6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? (not a dessert)
Hmmm... Well I always looked forward to my aunt bringing her big box of mixed Christmas cookies. I am looking forward to this year as my RICH uncle is buying a lobster for everyone. WOW!!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
We always opened presents at my Grandma's on Christmas Eve. My Dad being the produce manager at a grocery store always had to work Christmas Eve. He would always show up about halfway through the presents. When he did he always had some funny silly thing he was wearing. One year it was reindeer ears. Things like that.

8. I've omitted #8 as my DD reads my blog - if you get my drift!

9.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Well we open presents with my Gramma and Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, etc. Christmas Eve and do the ones with our little family on Christmas Day. I always did get to open a present early Christmas Eve before my cousins got there though and that was always special.

10.What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
No cookies here, no Santa. But.. we do make a birthday cake for Jesus though this year we decorated a gingerbread house for our birthday cake for Jesus since we won't be here, we'll be staying at my gramma's house.

11.Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
Giving. I have always been so broke I never was a giver with our family but the last few years I finally can get things and it is really fun!

12. What tops your tree?
An angel always tops our tree.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hmm... I don't know that I remember of favorite present. I remember some ones I loved though. I LOVED my Dukes of Hazzard guitar LOL. And my cabbage patch kid. Cassie is getting one this year. And my Nintendo and... Hmmm....

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Seeing the children so happy. Christmas is such a different holiday with children. I love seeing their giddy joy opening presents.

15. What is your favorite Christmas Dessert?
Hmmm.... boy I don't know why someone who loves food as much as I do have been struggling to come up with favorite recipes. It's not a dessert but my aunt makes slammin egg nog muffins every year. And I LOVE fudge. Love love love fudge.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Every year since we were born we all get a silver bell for Christmas. They are the round sleigh bells the size of oranges, each year has the year on it and a different design. Last year was the first year I had a Christmas in my own home, a home we owned. I got to decorate the tree with all 27 (at the time) silver bells. White lights, velvet ribbons and poinsettias and all the gorgeous silver bells. It was so special to me. I am so excited to be able to pass this tradition to my children. I have this vision of my children, their first christmas as a married couple with no ornaments but having a while lifetime of silver bells to decorate their tree and be able to share their whole life with their husband or wife.

Thanks AmyDoodle for taggin me it was really fun to really think on these things. I wanna tag some more people (I've never tagged anyone before LOL) but for now I am taggin Kathy

Merry Christmas all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home