Sunday, January 01, 2006

Oh the Hall of Fame

Okay so finally I have started my Hall of Fame entries. I know I have no real chances of even getting an honorable mention. I don't know why I started saying I was gonna do it. Probably for vain reasons, or some hope of some sort of recognition of sorts. But I got it. I started my HOF entries finally. For so long I have tried to emulate here and there some of my favorite scrappers as I try and find who I am as a scrapper. But yesterday I sat looking at my 3 layouts. They weren't graphic white space or clean lines, no curves, just my style. Slightly tilted, layered, inked maybe even a bit cluttered but mine. They feel like me. It's funny because 100 times I have heard people say they are doing the HOF to "push" them. And I know I have said it myself. It seemed like the right reason. And with the last layout that I did, I finally get that too. I spent hours tweaking that layout. Hours. It was the "life changing event" assignment. I found digiscrapping during the hardest time in my life. Since that day I have needed to do a layout about it. But in all honesty I probably never would. I'd put it off forever. So I sat looking at this layout that took 6 hours or more lol about the hardest time in my life and realize why I needed to challenge myself. I can't wait to work to start another layout.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craft Tea Lady said...

Good for you! Doing your own thing is always best.

If we all did the same thing, there would never be any new scrappin' trends, now would there?

Happy New Year!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim~ You can DO this! I just looked through Tid-Bytes last night, saw a page I loved from you (the name escapes me now) and though "wow... love her look!"

GOOD LUCK! Gonna add you to my Blog list now btw ;)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home