Friday, January 27, 2006

Just ramblings

Well I have been asked a number of times if I am going to get back into the whole blogging thing again or what. I have been so busy lately that it just dropped to the bottom of the list. I have 4 paper packs that need elements, 2 of those by Jan 31st, I have 3 maybe 4 layouts I need to do within the next 6 days or so, a big project I am working on, Colors Elements that need making since I am getting emails about not finishing them lol, um and like 100 other things I need to do - the most major ones being getting my house, body and children in order, and restarting homeschooling after this long break we have been having.

My mom wants me to start going to hot yoga with her. I guess they have an intro offer that is $10 for 10 visits to see if you like it. And they have a class that starts at 8:30PM. So if only I can get my night owl children to go to bed a couple hours earlier I'm set. Does anyone else have children that are SO different that even their sleep schedules are different? I am a night owl, Cassie and Adric are night owls, yet Frankie like his Daddy are polar opposites. I have spent YEARS trying to get Frankie to start getting more on the other children and my schedules. No matter if for weeks he doesn't go to bed until midnight he is still up at 7 or 7:30 at the LATEST. I have been at it for years, and nothing. So Clay now thinks it is time that I get the other children and myself on an earlier schedule. So I am starting to step it down 1/2 hour a week until we all get to bed at a regular time. Though I did stay up until 3 AM last night because of a silly obsession, I have otherwise been going to bed at 12:30 or so. Which anyone who knows me knows that I go to bed around 3 or 4 every night/morning, passing my hubby who wakes up at 3:30 AM for work. I have always wanted to be a morning person. I always have wanted to wake at 5, get laundry and breakfast going, and be able to drink tea and read my Bible and then wake the children for breakfast. Then again I have always wanted to be June Cleaver. So I guess I am going to try and start being an early riser and going to hot yoga. Life will be good.

So I haven't mentioned here yet that I am going to be selling at A Cherry on Top. I am very privileged to be working with so many other talented designers. Honestly I sure hope they put a lot of time, money and effort into marketing because somehow overnight they have aquired an AMAZING group of designers to start their store. I have no idea how it all will go but there is nothing to lose and I would love to see some great things happen for some of the great ladies participating in this venture. I hope it brings some great opportunities our way. I do have 2 paper packs done for the opening and am starting the elements. Maybe some sort of sneak peek tomorrow. Maybe.

Yunno this whole thing of not posting my HOF layouts is killing me. I am not someone who can crank out loads of layouts and keeping these aside wouldn't be a huge deal. It has taken me forever just to do the ones I have. And while I don't think I will even get an honorable mention, I have put a lot into some of these layouts and just am longing to post them here. Thanks to all who have encouraged me to keep working on the HOF and get it sent out. A main fear I have at this point is that I have a horrible super old printer and am SO afraid the layouts will look horrible printed on it and I don't know what I will do if they do.

Thanks to all who have emailed and commented to me about all the new kits I have been making. And a huge thanks to all who have been supporting me by buying my stuff in the store. It has meant a lot to me to not feel totally invisible lately. Oops icky diaper to change. hey it's 11:30, why is this baby still awake?? I thought I was stepping it down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

One of the reasons why I have such a hard time doing HOF stuff...I can't seem to sit on my layouts, so very proud of you for hanging in there!

ACOT's going to be so much fun, I can't wait to play with your stuff Kim!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Keela said...

You are soooo NOT invisible girl! I've seen your name all over the place! Congrats on ACOT. :)

10:07 PM  
Blogger liannallama said...

Lucky you to get such good pricing on Yoga classes! Around here it is about $10-15 per class! I really need to start going again--I love how relaxed and better I feel. I havent' tried Hot Yoga yet--but there's a Bickram studio by my work that I want to try out.

Anyways, keep making great kits and congrats on the new ACOT endever. And wow--I admire that you can even enter HOF--that is a big step!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home