Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Accident

Life is so short and so precious.

I just saw an accident. Not saw an accident like driving by gawking at the wreckage but saw the car spin around and smash the telephone pole. I told my mom to call the ambulance and ran out to see to whoever was in there. We are all the same. All people are the same. We all want the same things. As I ran up it was so dark and couldn't see anyone, and there he was pinned in the backseat crying, yelling, writhing. He wanted the door off him. The seat off him. Screaming. The door and seat were staying so.. And there were men around. Standing. Not knowing what to do. Are all men the same? Did they forget that he and that THEY would want someone to talk to them, to comfort them? I walked around and around the car talking to him trying to see everything that was going on. He finally scooted over to the window, still pinned, but Praise Lord Jesus that he could move, that he could talk and yell and swear. Praise Jesus for him being able to swear. And everyone stood around. We all want the same things. NEED the same things. It wasn't until I stroked his head and got to his face that he stopped writhing. Every time he moved, his smashed arm would scream in pain. It's okay. Jesus comfort him. Sit still, when you move your arm it makes it hurt more, there you go, it's gonna be okay, the ambulance is coming, sit still now, see it's alright, no you're not gonna die, you are fine but your arm is broken so let's keep it still darlin. Dumb teenagers. Get the hood and trunk out of the road, that car almost hit it. No it's alright, you're alright. Suddenly he tries to sit up. Where am I? You're in the backseat. What? You were in a crash. A crash? Really? Wow. Arm screams again. Okay darlin sit still, everything's alright, you're alright. Funny how we are all the same. Here is this young man and all he wants is someone stroking his hair, having eyes to meet when he opens them. Everytime he opened his eyes it was fresh like he is confused and I sit here in tears thinking of his reassurance and peace when his eyes met mine. Jesus really is alive and active in our lives. I am so thankful I was there to stroke his hair and tell him everything is going to be okay. He's at the hospital now and well... I just pray and will pray and pray that he is okay. I feel he is and will be. God is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Wow, Kim...he's going to be so thankful you were there. How special to be able to comfort him and reassure him and be a 'mom' to him. We are all the same...we do all want and need comfort. It's easy to forget that. Hard way to get reminded, but will stay with you for a long time. Life is so short. We have to make every minute count. ((((hugs)))

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I'm in tears. Wow...I'm glad you were there. Glad you're okay too. I saw an accident when I was a kid (a motorcycle got hit by a car) and I will neve ever forget it. God is good. :)

10:57 PM  
Blogger me said...

the way you wrote this was just stunning and beautiful kim. I can't imagine how that must have been and I am so glad that you were there to help him. Those other people didn't know how to react, but Jesus used you and I'm so glad :)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home