Wednesday, July 13, 2005

And we're off

So this is going to be my first official entry in this thing. Don't know really where to start. Since this is mostly going to be my scrapping blog as opposed to my homeschool blog, and one for family members, (boy do I have that much time?), I will just start on about scrapping.

Well I am officially addicted to digiscrapping. For all my family members and newbies, I will explain what it is. Maybe I should just start with how I got into this and go from there.

Loving crafts of all kinds I had always wanted to scrapbook but could never afford it. And with 3 under 5, who could spread that out in our little house and actually scrap. One day on a message board for Christian Mommies, someone mentioned digital scrapbooking and gave me a link to www.scrapbook-bytes.com . I went there and was in awe. How could I have never heard of this before? I saw thousands of great scrapbook pages done solely on the computer. Gorgeous, realistic looking pages. Background papers, 3D ribbons, buckles, tags - all of it was there but done on the computer. Amazing. I was hooked!

I knew my hubby had a copy of Paint Shop Pro 7 on the puter so I opened it up and jumped in. I did a tutorial on Sbb a did my first layout that night. I think I stayed up until 4AM learning PSP and doing that LO. Well, digiscrapping came at the hardest time in my life and was, and still is, a great source of escape and release for me. I spent every night that month staying up almost all night scrapping.

What an amazing thing to be able to find free kits, and scrap my littles' pictures and our memories. How many times had I longed to journal for them, or write them letters, or do something to have those memories kept and cherished. But it would never get done. Now as a scrapper everytime I do a layout I am writing them letters, journaling the cute and wonderful things that happen as they grow up. I can't wait for their wedding day when their wife or husband gets to look through these great books of memories of their love.

And so it began. A day can't go by where I don't scrap. Or read scrap magazines. Or scrap some more. :)

And so the blog begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home